Saturday, 12 June 2010

First

Today I took some food over to my Grandad. Nan's going to be in hospital for at least another week and a bit, and I figured he'd appreciate a little home cooking. Plus I made him sausage casserole which Nan refuses to make! We had a nice time, mentioned about going to France next summer (hopefully Nan and Grandad will come with us) and Grandad gave me a leaflet about Dieppe (where we're going), a french phrase book and a french lesson casette. I did 7 years of French, from Year 5 to Year 11 at school, but in the 10 years hence I've forgotten almost everything! I know odd snatches of french, memorised from Amelie, Juste Une Question D'Amour and other favourite films, but once I've introduced myself, and asked how much things cost in shops I've generally exhausted my french knowledge. (Strangely, I only learnt German from Year 7 to Year 11, but my German seems to be much better than my French!). Age 26 It will be my first time overseas, I can't wait though.

After we left Nan and Grandads house we went back into town via my Aunty and Uncles, and we went to town, got a bit of lunch (Icy Lemon Fanta. Nothing will ever come close for chilled beverage refreshment... except Irn Bru)... then Abbster and I made our way home.

On the way we stopped for a breather on a little bench built into a wall, over looking the paddock playing field, just along from where the Battle of Lewes was fought in the 13th century, and I felt so calm and happy and able to write, for the first time in a while. I wrote a whole piece for my zine sitting there.

Post in/out:

In - 2 DVDs from amazon (only yesterday, poltergay), a letter from my dear penpal in Germany, envelopes via a swap from Denmark and Zines from the fab Vampire Sushi distro.

Out - nothing actually out in post, but 6 letters and a package ready to go out monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment